Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Not So Wise Guy, Eating Mush, Dinofours and Otherwise

What a full and busy weekend! We definitely partied it up at the Hess home. I'm starting the new week tired and not so rested, but it was worth the fun.

Friday night Greg and I went on a date. It had been a while since we had gone out and I was really needing some adult time. There weren't any movies playing that we really wanted to see, so we went to the comedy club Wiseguys. The main comedian was not funny at all. In fact, it was awkward even watching him. Greg was courtesy laughing and I was just staring at him with was I'm pretty sure was a look of absolute repulsion. The warm up comedians were funny though and it was still nice to get out of the house and spend time with Greg.

Eating Mush. Saturday we gave Palmer his first taste of rice cereal. He did pretty well with it. Greg feed him and I took pictures. It took quite a while to get a very small amount of food down, but he seemed to enjoy it. I'm wondering how I am going to fit spoon feeding him into my daily routine with the day care children. I will have to nurse him, cook for them, feed them, feed him, eat, and then clean up. Yikes! By the time I am done it'll be snack time and I'll have to do it all over again.

Dinofours. My four year old nephew, Trevor, was supposed to have his birthday party at the Thanksgiving Point Dinosaur Museum last weekend but he had the stomach flu. Poor kid. He was so looking forward to seeing what he calls the "dinofours." My sister tried to schedule the party again the next weekend, but the museum was booked so she held the party at the Ogden Eccles Dinosaur Park. It is a neat place, great for kids. We had a good time and Trevor was darling. We will have to go back soon when we have more time to really check it out.

Otherwise. We had friends over Saturday night and played the game Wise and Otherwise. It was great fun. We are big board game players and this one has our mark of approval. It's like Balderdash, but instead of writing definitions you write the ends to old sayings from around the world. We had some good laughs, and received some insightful pearls of knowledge such as this old Zambian saying: buttocks rubbing together... do not lack sweat. No, I did not make that up.

No comments: