Monday, September 1, 2008

Three to One Odds

This weekend was a pretty good one. I say pretty good because it was a 3:1 ratio of good to bad. Which, don't get me wrong, are good odds. I'm not complaining... too much

Good Stuff:

Farmers Market. I love the farmers market! We usually go to the one in Murray Park because it isn't so crowded, but since it had been so long since we attended, we decided to go all out and fight the parking and crowds downtown. We had a great time. Greg toted Palmer around in a baby carrier. Palmer loved the view and was happy the entire time. We bought some delectable goods: corn on the cob, big red tomatoes, grape tomatoes, green beans, jalapenos, watermelon, asiago cheese bread and lemon pepper goat cheese spread (once I tried it, I had to have it). We also went grocery shopping so our kitchen cabinets are practically busting open with food. There will be some good eatin' at the Hess home this week.

Mario Baseball. Greg and I are on a fairly strict budget and give ourselves $10 a week for personal spending. I usually buy clothes and scrapbooking supplies. He usually buys fast food and CDs. He's been saving his spending money to buy a Wii game and had just enough in time for Mario Super Slugger's release. It's pretty darn fun! We knew we would like it because we owned it on the Gamecube, and we like all Mario platform games. I don't think Greg will enjoy brow wax I'm planning to get with my money quite as much as I'm enjoying his purchase.

Good Food with Good Friends. I cooked for three families this week. We took two meals to family/friends who recently had babies. I do tend to cook a bit better when it's for others. Monday I made pot roast with peach berry dessert and took half of it to Greg's sister and her family. Friday we had mini meatloaves, baked potatoes, corn on the cob and caramel pecan pie, and took half of it to some friends in the ward. Greg's mom also came and ate dinner here with us that night. Saturday we had our friends, the Stewarts, over and we ate salsa chicken, (a recipe from my friend's blog, thanks Adrienne, it was great!) Spanish rice and leftover pie.

Bad Stuff:

Sickness. We are all sick with coughs/colds, even Palmer, which breaks my heart! Greg started getting sick last weekend in Ely. Palmer peaked earlier in the week, and mine hit me hard and full blown Sunday morning. We all missed church because of the nasty bug. Ugh! I hate being sick! I am glad that Palmer seemed to get over the bad part of the cold pretty quickly. I'm much more worried about him since his body is so small and fragile. We are keeping the humidifier in his room and bringing him in the bathroom when we take a shower so the steam can help his cough. I think his cough is pretty much gone now, but it doesn't hurt to be careful. This is the first time Palmer has gotten sick and since I'm a first-time mom, I've been a bit nervous about it. Is there anything else I should be doing to help my poor little guy?

1 comment:

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and....Audrey! said...

Sorry to hear you're all sick! I usually just use my humidifier and that will help clear up the cold pretty quick, especially since you can't give the little ones any medicine.