Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day Care

Unfortunately, at the moment Greg being the sole breadwinner is not an option for us. Yet when we found out I was pregnant, we still decided that I should quit my job. The plan was for me to start a daycare a month or so after Palmer was born so that I could stay home with him and still bring in some money. It was the only solution we could think of that would provide a secure income and that I would be able to do with an infant at home. As a bonus, I really like kids, and usually they like me. I thought it'd be a piece of cake. After I had Palmer I was pretty shocked at how hard it was to just take care of him and we stalled starting my at home business. Well, no more stalling. Today was the day I had scheduled to start tending children.

Honestly, it wasn't so bad. I don't know why I got myself so worked up and was dreading it so much. I only had two additional kids today; more are scheduled to start in a few weeks. And I must say it is easier just having to take care of Palmer, but I handled it. I am tired, but I'm always tired at the end of the day with Palmer, might as well add a few more kids in the tow, help out some of my friends and make a little money.

It may not sound like much to all of you out there. Truly I didn't think it would be a big deal before I had our child (I should have been a bit tipped off when I told my fellow mother friends of my plans to start one month postpartum and they laughed at me. What can I say; I am just a little stubborn). But, I am proud of myself. The kids, Palmer and I survived the day! Wish me luck tomorrow.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, that's pretty brave of you Lera. Taking care of just one baby is SO much work. I had no idea either until I had Taylor. I'm pretty impressed that you are doing it, you're my new hero! Good luck! :)

Jenn said...

good job! i am glad it went well. you are definitely my hero!

Stoney said...

More power to you. We have THOUGHT about doing the same thing but I couldn't do it. Let me know how it all goes.

mj said...

good luck! you are a brave woman.

Tiffany said...

At least you will be used to caring for more than one child at a time when you decide to have another baby! I hear the hardest transition is going from one baby to two. After that, they say it's a breeze!