Monday, July 14, 2008

Ugly Babies

Lets face it, most babies are just naturally cute, but every once in a while...



Our friends once told us that when you are at a loss for words when describing a baby you should say the baby is alert. Which basically translates to your baby is ugly. I remember them coming to us very frazzled a few days later because someone did say their baby was alert. Well, I think we came across our own version of this covert communication the other day. We were at the bank and a woman came up to us. She looked at Palmer and started the conversation with a nice big, "Aww..." Greg and I both immediately smiled waiting for the, "He's so cute/adorable/sweet/darling/handsome," remarks so follow. But no, she went on to say, "Your carseat is sooo cute!" Then she walked away. We both stood there with a shocked look on our face, blinking, speechless. What was that? I know we may be just a little biased thinking our baby is the cutest thing in the entire world, but did that woman really just look at Palmer, decide to skip over him because she had nothing positive to say, and go straight to complimenting the carseat?

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

That is hilarious! I just lauged out loud reading that and I'm the only one home. (well besides Lilly who is napping in the other room.) Don't worry, I get the feeling that people think I have a FAT baby when they see Lilly. All they comment about are "all those rolls!" At least I know she's well fed right?

Jenn said...

That is pretty funny! Almost better than alert wouldn't you say. I think some people are just so random. Didn't I tell you about the guy at BYU that told me one day while I was walking home that I had nice toes. What does that mean?

Tanya said...

maybe you really do have a cute carseat! some are way cuter than others, seriously...anyway, palmer is way cute!

mj said...

palmer is cute! and so is your carseat...just wait until you have him dressed in green and blue with trucks on his shirt and someone tells you how adorable your little girl is!