Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Recipe - Lemon Bars

I am making these for Young Women's tonight. It will be my last activity because I am being released on Sunday to start a new calling. I enjoy cooking, but I love baking! The Young Women have been guinea pigs to many of my baked goods through the last couple years, so I thought I'd make one last treat for them tonight. This is a tried and true recipe. I got it from my mom, who got it from her mom, who was a cook for royalty in England. I think they are the absolute best lemon bars!

Lemon Bars

Crust:
1/2 lb. butter
2 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. sugar

Mix above ingredients. Press in a greased 9x12 pan. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

Filling:
4 eggs
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 c. sugar
7 tbls. lemon juice
4 tbls. flour

Mix above ingredients and pour over crust, return to the oven and bake 20-25 minutes more until firm. Let cool, then sprinkle with powdered sugar.

3 comments:

Rie Pie said...

I put a recipe up on my blog too. Feel free to cook for me whenever you like. bah! It's funny that I have recipes and no kitchen. or flour. or eggs. or sugar. or ...

Valerie said...

I love, love, love lemon bars. But I never make them because I end up eating them all.....myself!

mj said...

i am so trying that. i got a recipe from the interwebs and it called for, now dont gag, 12 eggs! yeah, so needless to say they didn't turn out as i wanted them too...very custardy...i am excited to try yours!