Monday, June 2, 2008

Palmer's Baby Blessing


Our little boy was blessed by his dad this Sunday. What a special experience it was! Greg and I were both emotional beforehand because we hadn't gotten much sleep the might before, and the opening hymn was the hymn that had converted Greg, so he was crying before he even started the blessing. Palmer was given his name for the records of the church. He was blessed with discernment, and a desire to chose the right. He was blessed to be a great missionary and to marry a righteous spouse in the temple. He was told that much was expected of him and that he would have many trials in his life, but that he would be able to overcome those trials with help from his parents who love him and his Heavenly Father.

The day before Palmer was blessed, my nephew Braedon was baptized. So, the Nichols family had quite the busy weekend. We had two big parties with our family and friends, on Saturday at my sister London's house before the baptism and the other one after church on Sunday. They were traditional gatherings for our family... crowded, loud and with lots of food! I couldn't help but to reflect on a few things over this special week. The first thing I thought was how proud my mother would be of her family, their righteous choices and their progression in the gospel. The other thing I thought of was how lucky we are to have such supportive family, friends and ward members. My immediate family are the only members out of our extended family, and yet we still took up three rows of our chapel this Sunday and a primary room at Braedon's baptism. We truly are fortunate to have so many who care for us.

I am so grateful to be Palmer's mother. He bring so much joy to our lives! I pray that we will be able to teach him well and be worthy parents to this special spirit that our Heavenly Father has blessed us with.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

What a handsome little guy! I love the suit.

Anonymous said...

Lera,
Can't believe how big he has gotten to be. He really is a handsome boy in his little suit. Yes, your mother would have been so proud of both you and London, what wonderful mom's. You and Greg will be great parent's and I know that Palmer will grow up to be a fine man. Our love is with you always. Love Ya, Claire