Thursday, June 12, 2008

New Job, New Callings

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another. ~Anatole France

Much has changed for us recently. Having Palmer has been a wonderful change, but there are some things about being DINKs (duel income no kids) that we do miss. A big one is money (ha!), but I have also recently missed being able to do things on the fly, or in some cases, do things at all.

We have had a few other changes take place this week. Greg finally got a new job. YAY! He has been working his "until something better comes along" collections job for two years now, amazing that he lasted that long (so proud of you hunny!). He is now a help desk technician working on Netgear routers. He really likes the job, and the company seems great. They have a very relaxed environment; he's so excited to be able to wear jeans to work. And, the best part, it's Monday-Friday, 8-5! He's never had one of those jobs since we've been married. I'm so excited to see him on weekends. I still don't get nights because he has school; I'll have to wait a couple more years for that one. It is also great experience for the job he will seek upon finishing school. We are very thankful for this opportunity. We, and we know many of our friends and family, have been praying for this.

We were also given new callings on Sunday. We are the Stake Young Single Adult Representatives. We are both being released as secretaries in the Young Mens and Young Womens organizations. I will really miss the young women! But, I do think this new calling will be a lot of fun. I don't miss the dating game at all, but I do miss some of the fun and crazy activities of my single life. (I don't know if I will ever truly feel like a grown up.) Greg and I met in the singles ward of our stake (with the help of my pushy mother, hehe), so we have a testimony that the program can work. I made some great friends and had some fun times during stake single activities and I am excited to carry on that tradition to others.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Congrats on the new job and new callings! Those are some big changes!