Monday, June 16, 2008

My Dad's the Greatest Guy You Know

When I was a little girl I had a cassette tape entitled I'm a Mormon, and I knew all the songs on it by heart. My favorite song on the tape was called "My Dad."
My dad's the smartest guy,
And my dad's the bravest guy,
And my dad's the neatest guy,
It's positively so.
Maybe I'll introduce you,
Then you'll know that it's the truth,
That my dad,
My dad's the greatest guy you know!


Yeah, it's a cheesy song, but it is exactly how I feel about my dad. He really is the greatest guy you know. People tell me all the time what a truly wonderful man he is. He is a gentle giant. He is so unbelievably humble. He is patient and kind. He is a worthy priesthood holder with amazing guidance and advice. He is an example of generosity and meekness. I've always known that I wanted to marry a man much like my father. On a daily basis he has shown me how a husband should treat a wife. I am so thankful to have him in my life. He is my hero. Love you Dad!

No comments: