Sunday, June 8, 2008

My Birthday Hoopla


I am officially in my late 20s... gosh, that is old! Yesterday Greg took me out for my birthday. We always go way overboard for birthdays in our family. This year was no exception. We went to the Cheesecake Factory, which is now my new favorite restaurant. It was so good! The portions were huge too, so we actually were able to enjoy the delicious food two days in a row because of leftovers. Greg ordered the Caramel White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cheesecake and I ordered the Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake. Both were amazing! I posted the pics so that all of you could drool over them as well. At dinner he gave me my gift... tickets to the American Idol Concert... sweet! David Cook here I come! We then went to see the new Indiana Jones movie which we both really enjoyed.

Today is my actual birthday, and we are having a party at Greg's family's house. Next Sunday we are having another party with my family at my sister's house. I love it when I get to celebrate my birthday over and over again. It is the best.

Funny story. I leaned over to Greg in Sacrament Meeting today and told him he had forgotten to tell me something. He smiled, put his arms around me and whispered in my ear, "You look beautiful today." I laughed and said, "No, not that." He replied, "Uhh, I love you?" I said, "Nope." Then he said, "Oh! Happy Birthday!" He said he felt like a schmuck, but I reassured him it I thought it was pretty funny.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday to you! Sounds like you had a fun day. I take it Palmer doesn't mind you eating chocolate?!? That cheesecake looks so yummy! The Cheesecake Factory is my favorite restaurant too. In fact, Jay is going to take me there for MY birthday next week! Did you have to wait a long time to get in?

Derek & Emily said...

Happy Birthday! That cheesecake looks divine... my mouth is watering as we speak!

Lera said...

So far nothing that I eat bothers Palmer. I am especially thankful that chocolate doesn't! We only had to wait 40 minutes on a Saturday evening, not too bad at all. We got there at 5:00 and I think we just beat the rush.

Valerie said...

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your late twenties...they will go by quicker than you think.

mj said...

cute..what a fun guy! HAPPY BDAY! When did SLC get a Cheesecake Factory? It is one of my faves too. I have only been to the one in San Deigo, and I have waited up to 2 hours to eat! They are building one here...can't wait!