Monday, June 30, 2008

Back on Schedule

Greg just left for work and will be going back to school tonight. I am so grateful for his new job and his boss's consideration of our family. He was only in his third week of training and he let him take the week off to take care of Palmer and me. What a blessing!

I think it was good for both of us to have Greg home this week, beyond medical reasons. Greg got a more realistic idea of what it is like taking care of an infant all day and I saw that I am not the only one who struggles with it. There were a couple times when Greg felt very frustrated because he could not get Palmer to stop crying and I took him and was able to calm him down. Greg said he felt like a bad Dad, which is ridiculous, but I realized I said that all the time when I wouldn't be able to calm Palmer down and Greg, coming into the situation fresh and full of energy, could comfort him. It's always nice to take a walk in someone else's shoes and gain insight about yourself. We have a deal now, no saying your a bad parent no matter how out of control you feel.

I am starting to follow Baby Wise again today. The surgery really threw us off the schedule, so it's like starting at square one. So far so good. He slept 8 hours, woke up and fed, had some awake time and went down for a nap. Amazing! Hopefully things will continue to work so well through the rest of the day.

3 comments:

ColbandSar said...

Lera, that is just crazy about all of your surgery's! You poor thing! i'm glad to hear things are going better!

Stoney said...

What a crazy few weeks. It is always good for Dad to "be mom", for a while. I am happy to hear Greg survived, hehe. And it is wonderful that you and darling Palmer can get back on schedule. Take Care.

Lynette said...

Hey, Lera!! Although I am addicted to facebook, I do take the time to read blogs... :) Your little one is so cute!! :) :)

And the babywise book -- isn't it awesome? I told Amy about it when she first told me she was pregnant...It's worked wonders with our three kids. You can't function without a few hours' sleep! :):)