Thursday, May 15, 2008

Recipe - Chicken and Dumplings

We had one of my favorite meals last night, chicken and dumplings. It was one of the meals that I made before I had the baby and froze. It even tasted yummy after the freezing process.

Chicken and Dumplings

2 cans cream of chicken soup
3 c. water
1 c. chopped celery
2 onions, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. chicken bullion
½ tsp. pepper
4 chicken breasts
5 carrots, sliced
1 sm. pkg. frozen peas
3 c. baking mix
1 1/3 c. milk

Combine everything but the baking mix and milk in the crockpot with chicken on the bottom. Cook on high for 6 hours. Make dumplings by mixing baking mix and milk until a soft dough forms. Drop by spoonfuls into boiling water in large pot. Simmer covered for 10 minutes then uncovered for 10 minutes. Add cooked dumplings to pot the last ½ hour of cooking time.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Palmer is looking so cute! I need to come hold him soon! I also want to try this recipe. I was thinking maybe we should make another blog site, kinda like me and Maegen's scrappin one, and make it a recipe one where we could put recipes. What do you think? Also, I was wondering how do you freeze dinners properly? I want to try.

Tiffany said...

I have never had chicken and dumplings before. I'm going to have to try out your recipe. I am always up for a good meal!

ColbandSar said...

Yeah, Congrats you guys, what a cute lil' guy, you need to make more of those! I'll have to try this yummy recipe too!

Tanya said...

cody loves stuff like this. i will have to attempt it.