Saturday, May 3, 2008

My Beautiful Bundle of Joy!

On Friday the 2nd of May, Lera awoke to her water breaking and our precious long awaited baby Palmer saying "I'm ready to come and meet you!" I was trying to muster up the strength to get ready and do some overtime at work, but when I heard Lera in the bathroom, I asked her what she was doing and she smiled and said, "my water broke". Within 2 minutes I was ready to head out the door, she looked at me sitting on the bed and said "I want to do my hair and eat some breakfast first". I replied "In the movies whenever their water breaks they always zoom to the hospital, why can't we zoom?" I was really anxious to meet him and I didn't want to wait around until Lera was ready. Anyway I was so anxious on waiting for Lera that I had to calm down, so I played my Wii for about 15 minutes before she had me do some house chores. We showed up at the hospital, and then 12 hours later our beautiful boy was surgically removed from Lera and was put into my arms. He is such the a good little boy. He loves to look around and see who is visiting him before he gets so tired that he just falls asleep in our arms. Our first night together as a family he slept the whole night! We had to wake him up to get him to eat!

I am so grateful that I get to be the father of such a wonderful little boy and I know that baby Palmer will be my beautiful bundle of joy!

No comments: