Thursday, May 8, 2008

Memoirs of First Time Parents

We took Palmer to the doctor's office for a checkup yesterday. He dirtied his diaper the moment we got him onto the doctor's table. It was then that we realized we didn't bring a diaper bag, and so we had no wipes and no diaper to change him into. The nurse laughed at us when we told her and said she would get us one. We undressed Palmer so that he could be weighed and he peed all over the table, himself and his outfit that was sitting next to him. Obviously, since we didn't bring a diaper or diaper bag, we also didn't bring a change of clothes. I don't know what we were thinking! Bringing a diaper bag wherever you take a baby is just common sense. I knew that before we had a baby, but for some reason the idea didn't cross our minds when we left the house. We had to take Palmer downstairs to the lab in only a diaper. We felt like the most brainless parents in the world!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Lera, I love reading your blog. I am so sorry you had a rough time on your first doctors visit, those boys can aim well. Let me know if you need anything. I am so happy for you. Congratulations. Happy 1st Mother's day to you Lera Hess.
Love Lisa Rogers

Tiffany said...

That is HILARIOUS!!! New Mom Stuff makes me smile because I am still experiencing some of it myself. What an eventful day at the doctors! I'm sure there's plenty more of those to come, but this time with a diaper bag in tow. :)