Saturday, May 3, 2008

Team Hess's New Recruit

My water broke at 8:00 yesterday morning. We went to the hospital a couple of hours later. I wasn't contracting and I wasn't dilated at all, so I was put on pitocin to get my labor going. At 2:00 I was dilated to a one. I decided to for go the epidural for as long as possible so that I could progress. After 12 hours of labor I was having hard contractions every 30 seconds - 1 minute and I still was only dilated to a one. The Dr. said the baby had to come out 24 hours after the water broke, and that I would not be making that deadline, if I could deliver at all. So we had to have the baby C-section. I was then given a spinal block since I never got the epidural. Palmer Gene Hess was born May 2, 2008 at 7:46 pm. He weighed 8 lbs. 3 oz. and was 22 inches long. We are both doing very well. Team Hess is thoroughly delighted with their new recruit!

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

CONGRATS, he is beautiful!!!

Mindy said...

I have been checking your blog like 200 times a day waiting to see the little guy! What a doll! Sorry you had to go thru so many hours of labor just to have a c section, but of course, the end result is the best, no matter what. What an angel! And the hospital pics on the web page are so adorable!!! I can't believe how alert looking he is on the slide show pics. What a fantastic moment for you two, I mean three. Congrats and lots of love!

Haley Greer said...

Lera, he's beautiful! Congratulations, and I'm glad all is well!