Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I had a lovely first Mother's Day. Greg gave me roses and a love letter that was so sweet it made me cry (of course I am crying pretty easily these days with sleep deprivation and my crazy out of whack hormones, but I think I would have gotten teary eyed regardless of those things). My little sister also gave me flowers, and my mother-in-law gave me a card and a check. The very best gift this mother's day was Greg taking care of the baby all night! I forgot how great I feel with a good night's sleep.

We took Palmer to visit his two grandmas. First we stopped by the cemetery to visit Nana Valerie and we brought her some daisies. Then we went to dinner at Grandma Nancy's. We gave Nancy a card and the book One Bright Shinning Hope by President Hinkley; we had given her Marjorie Pay Hinkley's corresponding book Small and Simple Things on a previous Mother's Day. All in all, it was a great day!

Me and Palmer at Nana Valerie's grave

Greg, Palmer and Grandma Nancy

3 comments:

mj said...

Hey Lera, I hope you remember me and not think I am a crazy blogstalker. I am Maegen Jenne, Jenn's awesome sis in law, she told me a while back that you were having a baby, and then I just saw that you had a baby! Congrats! Palmer is so cute. I love his name and his little face! What a perfect boy you have. You and Greg look very happy. Good luck with everything and remember to enjoy each moment!

Lisa said...

Happy Mother's Day Lera,
I am so happy for you.
Love Lisa

Tiffany said...

I'm glad you had a good day. Being a Mom is the greatest, isn't it?