Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Am I Still Pregnant?

I was not one of those women who just glowed and enjoyed being pregnant. Morning sickness, waddling, and insomnia are not my idea of a good time. I was very, very excited to be done being pregnant. So imagine my surprise when I find myself still experiencing some of the joys of pregnancy even after Palmer has arrived. For example:

  1. I am always hot, and now that it's summer that is not as pleasant as it was in the wintertime.
  2. I get nauseous when I eat, don't eat, and nurse.
  3. I am still breaking out like I did when I was in junior high.
  4. I'm always hungry and snack all day.
  5. My back aches, not from carry a baby in my abdomen, but from constantly being hunched over while feeding Palmer.
  6. My clothes still don't fit right.
  7. I only sleep in shifts of a couple hours.
  8. I can cry at the drop of a dime. A couple nights ago, Greg and I watched I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry, and pathetically enough, it made me cry.
  9. I cannot jump, bend over, pick up anything heavy, vacuum (this one's not such a sacrifice), or exercise, because of my incision.
  10. My stomach doesn't protrude to quite the extent that it previously did, but now I have extra flub that is not tightening up very quickly (Greg lovingly refers to this as my fat flap, for anyone who has seen the movie Click, enough said).

So anyone out there who is looking forward to the sweet release of pregnancy... I have a warning for you, sorry, but it's not going to happen.

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Ha ha!! I hear you!! Everything does start to get back to normal eventually - it's the eventually part that's killer! i'm not there yet, but getting closer . . .

Valerie said...

Been there...done that...know exactly what you mean. It took about 9 months for my body to feel completely normal after my c-section. Unfortunately, the fat flap took longer. :(

Tiffany said...

Crying... I cry ALL the time still! I cry watching a silly commercial, or every time that darn bus moves on Extreme Makeover; it never fails. And of course Jay's reaction is,"Are you crying AGAIN?" Yep. Don't mind me.

mj said...

i wasn't one of those bounce back types either. 12 mo later i am still struggling to lose that fat flap. good luck! and yes...you will cry at everything...watch TLC baby story...

Nick, Sonja, Andrew, and Madelyn said...

The joys of having a c-section are endless! The recovery after my second was so much better but the emotions were twice as bad!