Saturday, April 26, 2008

Slumber Drummer

Greg is very musical. He dabbles around with a few instruments, but he is a serious drummer. He unconsciously drums on everything with his fingers: the steering wheel of the car when we are at red lights, my legs when were relaxing on a couch, my shoulders when we are standing in a line, etc. He also, on very rare occasions, talks in his sleep. A few years ago, when he was working as a bread vendor for Sara Lee, he sat up in bed and said "buttermilk." When I told him the next day he laughed and said he was dreaming about buttermilk bread. Anyways, last night he rolled onto his back and began drumming with his hands on his thighs and was bobbing his head to the beat. I asked him what he was doing figuring he was awake since he was so actively drumming, and he mumbled a sleepy reply. It was then that I realized he was not sleep walking, but sleep drumming. How weird is that?

No comments: