Saturday, April 26, 2008

Scrapbook Expo Memories

Last weekend was the scrapbook expo at the South Town Expo Center. Mom, London and I go religiously every year. We love shopping the bargains, seeing the latest and greatest, catching up with old scrapbooking buddies (coworkers from Scrapbook Heaven, and alumni from CKU), and just being together for a good time. This was the first one we missed; London was busy and I was broke... so it was a no go. I did however want to share some past memories from the expos.

Memory #1
Two years ago my mother was trying to get a better sale price on some items, so she was haggling with the sales worker. She told him of her poor health, and her wearing heart, and came right out and said, "This will probably be my last chance to be here. I don't think I'll be around for the next one." He of course gave in to the crazy lady and gave her the price she wanted. She then proceeded to make a scene by profusely thanking the very young and handsome sales worker while frequently kissing his hand.

Memory #2
The first expo we went to the MC jokingly asked if any women were willing to shave their heads for scrapbook prizes. My sister London loves to win things, and usually does with her good luck. She had been craving a win all day. She looked at me and said, "I would do that." Then she yelled out, "I will do that," and took off running to the stage. I quickly followed after her to talk her out of it, accidentally leaving my wheelchair bound mother who had no idea what was going on. To make a long story short, London was determined, I remembered Mom and went back to get her, and we (along with the rest of the audience) watched my sister shave her head for a cropper hopper filled with paper crafting goodies.

No comments: