Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Recipe - Chicken Enchiladas

Chicken enchiladas are what is for dinner tonight. I froze half of the enchiladas for a ready to go meal that I can use after the baby is born. We now have six frozen homemade meals in the freezer, go me! I hope you all enjoy. This is the best recipe I have found yet for these. They are yummy!

Chicken Enchiladas

1 pkg. tortillas (8-10)
2-3 c. boneless, skinless cubed chicken (boiled in chicken bouillon)
16 oz. sour cream
1 sm. can green chilies
1 c. mayonnaise
1 sm. can sliced olives
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 lb. shredded cheddar cheese (1/2 reserved)
1/2 c. salsa
1/8 c. finely chopped onion
1 lg. can enchilada sauce (green or red)

Preheat over to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients but tortilla shells, enchilada sauce and half of the cheese. Fill tortilla shells with mixture. Bake for 1 hour. Pour enchilada sauce over the top; sprinkle with cheese, and return to the over for another 15 minutes.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

I'm impressed that you're doing so much when you're overdue!! You'll love having those meals available.

Tanya said...

my husband would have killed for six frozen meals after the baby came. he probably still would kill for six frozen and my babies are both here. go figure. you are so organized...seriously, go you!!!