Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pick the Rose and Run & Two Handmade Cards

I was reading one of my mom's journals last night and she wrote "...it's nice to take time to stop and smell the roses, but I'd rather pick the rose and smell it while I run with it." That gave me a good laugh because I can very much relate. I think I inherited my need to constantly be busy from my mom. Greg always teases me that I stress myself out because I commit to everything, but honestly I do not handle boredom at all. I get very antsy when I don't have a full to do list for the day. So the point of this message is that even though I am ready to have the baby any day, instead of taking it easy I signed up for not only one spot in an upcoming card swap due a week after the baby, but two spots. I figured I probably would not be able to scrapbook in the hospital, so I completed them early. I only had to make 8 of each, so not too bad. A few weeks ago I made 50 handmade thank you cards for my baby shower. Now that took a while, but it was worth it.


products used - popdots: 3L, stamp and ink: CTMH, chalk: Stampin' Up, ribbon: Michaels, snap: Making Memories, paper: Studio 8 (only my favorite paper ever... it's manufactured by my best friend Jenny's company). Feel free to check out the rest of her paper at www.studio8paper.com.




products used - stamp and ink: CTMH, paper: Provo Craft, ribbon: Michaels, button: Diecuts With a View, floss: DMC

2 comments:

fallgirl said...

Love the cards Lera. So cute. I also LOVE the quote from Valerie. You should seriously write a book of all of her quotes. She had such a unique and fun perspective, and she knew just how to voice it. :) If not a book, at least a blog entry.

Love,
Tennisa

Jenn said...

Cute cards and cute blog. I am so happy you have a blog now! We can be blog buddies too. Ours is jennefamily.blogspot.com and I will add you as my friend. Go team hess and hopefully that baby gets here soon!