Friday, April 25, 2008

My North Star

I attended a stake leadership meeting last night for young womens and we discussed President Hinckley and his fascination with the North Star. Regardless of the earth's rotation, the North Star maintains it's position in the heavens and never moves. He said, "I recognized it as a constant, in the midst of change. It was something that could always be counted on, something that was dependable, an anchor in what otherwise appeared to be a moving and unstable firmament." We were encouraged to think about the North Stars in our lives.

Last night I couldn't sleep (was up until 4:30!), and so I was left to my thoughts. I realized how many North Stars I have in my life, and just how very blessed I am. I wanted to record one especially, my honey bunny (a term often used by by special ed students), Greg. He is well known for his fun and goofy sense of humor, which I am very grateful for because it keeps my life interesting, but deep down under all the wackiness, he truly is amazing! My family has undergone many changes lately... he is my constant. I can always depend on him. He is the most genuine person I know, and he is an unbelievably understanding husband. He is a righteous priesthood holder, and I always know I can rely on his spirituality, guidance and support. I feel so lucky that he chose me as his wife. Love you babe!

No comments: